Followers

Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Art Walk-Pomona Art Colony Follow-up



I visited the dA again on Thursday and was able to visit during their live draw night that they offer. They were actually in the middle of taking down the art work from the New Traditionalists exhibit and were prepping for their upcoming 2nd Saturday event. It was cool having the gallery pretty much all to myself. I wasn't sure where the class was taking place since I didn't see anybody other than the guys hanging up the work but they did allow me to come inside and ask a few questions about the various new works going up. It was quite different going into a peaceful dim light gallery with hardly any work up, compared to the night I visited previously with hardly any walking room and voices carrying over voices. The new exhibit going up is called Simply Wed and is a group art exhibit which is hosting art centered around weddings. The dA is hosting a wedding in the month of February and felt it appropriate with the theme of Valentine's day approaching to host this event. Normally they host the Simply Red exhibit focusing on the color theme but changed it up this year.

Also, during my visit I was able to receive additional information about visiting Leslie Brown's gallery in Corona, Ca. Definitely going to be more details to come after visiting her gallery!!!


Simply Wed hosted at the dA Center of the Arts



No comments:

Post a Comment